Thursday, July 1, 2010

My Favorite Mistake

No shortcuts.


Many years ago as a mother of two young boys who loved cheese sandwiches, I found a recipe perfect for our busy lives. It was a cheese sandwich casserole -- bread and cheese together. Sounded delicious, and I could make it quickly, and pop it in just before soccer practice. That part worked, but when I popped it out of the oven for the hungry boys, it looked like bread pudding: soggy bread. I dumped it, grabbed cheese, summer sausage, and crackers, and out the door we went for lunch in the car.



Lesson: Shortcuts don't always turn out.









image credit:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2723/4173320360_1492d0aae3.jpg

by Hammer51012 Creative Commons 2.0

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment in ways that invite discussion and prevent argument or ill will. Thank you.